Since qualifying I have worked with a diverse range of clients. I believe the Person Centred approach can help you to find your own way forward, whatever you bring to your sessions. I work in an open and creative style, trusting in the efficacy of the therapeutic relationship.
Qualifications and professional information
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Therapy, Plymouth University
- BA (Hons) Education, Brunel University
- I work in private practice with adults and young people over 16
- I am a counsellor with First Light – working with adults and children in school settings
- I work 1-1 with young people at the Dreadnought Centre, Pool
- I deliver counselling for the Intercom trust – working with LGBTQI clients
- All of my work is supervised, meaning I get the support I need to support you
- Additional CPD training in CBT, existential counselling and mindfulness
- CPD training with Mick Cooper – Existential approaches and integrative methods
- CPD training with Mick Cooper – Goals and focusing
- On going CPD with Manu Bazzano – Zen and therapy
- I am a registered member of the BACP and work using their ethical framework
- I am fully insured and have a current DBS check/safeguarding training
About me personally
I began my working life as a teacher and then joined Cornwall Fire and Rescue service as a firefighter in 2000. The arts, especially reading and creative writing are a passion of mine. I love being outside and fully appreciate the healing benefits of connecting with the natural world.
What People Say
Adam is easy to talk to and I felt he really listened.
I enjoyed working with Adam, it helped to do some art while we were chatting.
Tom (aged 15)
I was nervous about counselling, but working with Adam has definitely helped.